Student Art Gallery
MRS. MARGIE NAVARRO (K–8 Art Teacher)
Mrs. Has been an educator since 2000 and holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts
Degree in Graphic Design and a Minor in Drawing from Wayne State University, Michigan. Mrs. Navarro’s three children graduated from SJA School.
• At an early age, my art students are challenged to observe, question, touch, problem solve and most importantly – to value not only the finished art project, but the process of trial and error itself.
• I am keenly aware of my students’ strengths and weaknesses which allows
for varied approaches of learning in the Art room.
• Students in my class can see how art that is ancient / current, or of their
own creation has relevance to what they are learning in other subject areas.
• Student work is collected throughout the year for display in the spring
Fine Arts Night.
• STREAM and Blended Lessons are incorporated in the art room for grades K-8.