By Scott O. Lilienfeld,Steven Jay Lynn,John Ruscio, et al.John Wiley & Sons, Inc.|Wiley||Wiley-BlackwellAdult NonfictionPsychologyLanguage(s): EnglishOn sale date: 21.01.2010Street date: 15.09.2011
50 nice Myths of renowned Psychology makes use of renowned myths as a motor vehicle for aiding scholars and laypersons to differentiate technological know-how from pseudoscience.
- Uses universal myths as a car for exploring the best way to distinguish actual from fictional claims in well known psychology
- Explores issues that readers will relate to, yet frequently misunderstand, similar to 'opposites attract', 'people use purely 10% in their brains', and 'handwriting unearths your character'
- Provides a 'mythbusting package' for comparing people psychology claims in lifestyle
- Teaches crucial severe considering abilities via precise discussions of every delusion
- Includes over two hundred extra mental myths for readers to explore
Contains an Appendix of precious websites for reading mental myths
- Features a postscript of exceptional mental findings that sound like myths yet which are real
- Engaging and obtainable writing type that appeals to scholars and lay readers alike