By Benoit Dufort
Analog attempt sign new release utilizing Periodic SigmaDelta-Encoded Data Streams offers a brand new option to generate top of the range analog indications with low complexity. The conception of periodic SigmaDelta-encoded bitstreams is gifted alongside with a collection of empirical tables to aid choose definitely the right parameters of a bitstream. An optimization method is additionally defined to aid decide upon a section series with the specified attributes. a wide number of signs might be generated utilizing this procedure. Silicon implementation concerns are mentioned with a particular emphasis on region overhead and simplicity of layout. One FPGA circuit and 3 varied silicon implementations are awarded in addition to experimental effects. it's proven that easy designs are in a position to producing very excessive precision signals-on-chip. The process is additional prolonged to multi-bit sign new release the place it really is proven find out how to elevate the functionality of arbitrary waveform, turbines often present in earlier and present-day mixed-signal testers. No changes are required, in simple terms the numbers in reminiscence are replaced. 3 various calibration recommendations to minimize the consequences of the AWG's non-linearities also are brought, including aiding experimental facts.
the main target of this article is to explain an area-efficient strategy for analog sign new release utilizing SigmaDelta-encoded information flow. The major features of the strategy are:
- excessive caliber signs (SFDR of a hundred and ten dB observed);
- huge number of indications generated;
- Bitstreams simply received with a quick optimization software;
- solid frequency answer, appropriate with coherent sampling;
- basic and speedy undefined implementation;
- as a rule electronic, other than an simply testable 1-bit DAC and doubtless a reconstruction filter out;
- reminiscence already on hand on-chip will be reused, lowering region overhead;
- Designs may be included into current CAD instruments;
- excessive frequency iteration.
Read or Download Analog Test Signal Generation Using Periodic ΣΔ-Encoded Data Streams PDF
Best extraction & processing books
This is often the one publication to hide the newest advancements in utilized quantum concept and their use in modeling fabrics homes. It describes new ways to modeling disordered alloys and specializes in these techniques that mix the best quantum-level theories of random alloys with the main refined numerical recommendations.
Complex Computing in Electron Microscopy, second version, brings jointly varied info on picture simulation. a useful source, this ebook offers details on a variety of equipment for numerical computation of excessive solution traditional and scanning transmission electron microscope pictures. this article will function a useful gizmo for college kids on the complicated undergraduate or graduate point, in addition to skilled researchers within the box.
Dr Farag is a recipient of the Egyptian country Award for advertising of technological know-how and the 1st Order of advantage in arts and sciences - he's truly a hugely revered instructor. The energy of his publication lies in its many labored examples and evaluate questions set on the shut of each bankruptcy. the fabric facts supplied is additionally first-class.
- Engineering Plastics Handbook
- Statistical Theory of Open Systems: Volume 1: A Unified Approach to Kinetic Description of Processes in Active Systems
- Advances in powder metallurgy: Properties, processing and applications
- Handbook of technical textiles
- Process simulation using WITNESS : including lean and Six-sigma applications
Extra resources for Analog Test Signal Generation Using Periodic ΣΔ-Encoded Data Streams
25) The increase in SNR when using oversampling is illustrated graphically in Fig. 3-5. The figure on the left represents the PSD of the previous II-bit quantizer example operating with a sampling rate of I MHz and consisting of 512 points. The one on the right is for the same quantizer and input but running at 16 MHz and consisting of 8192 points. 22), an improvement of 3 dB in SNR is achieved every time the OSR (F,/FBW) is doubled. Hence, we can expect a 12 dB improvement in SNR with 16 times OSR.
15) n=O The usefulness of the DFT perspective is that it allows one to calculate the Fourier series coefficients very efficiently on a computer using the Fast Fourier Transfonn (FFT) algorithm. 14), the FFT algorithm reduces the number of computations to O(N log2 N). In many situations throughout this book, we will be attempting to estimate the frequency distribution of random signals and its effect on the desired bit stream. Owing to the fact that the phase of such signals is never known a priori, we are restricted to work with its magnitude behavior alone.
However, as will be shown later, the periodic bit stream approach can be used to generate digital modulated signals such as phase shift keying (PSK). In this particular application, it is desirable to control the phase precisely. For practical reasons, it is 44 Chapter 3: Periodic l:d Bit Stream Theory I I I T 1 1 .. ~ .. ~ ~ ~ _ _ iNl ~ ~ ~ m m m « ~ ~ ~ (a) _ _ iNI ~ ~ m m m ~ (b) Figure 3-11: Amplitude resolution versus bit stream length N: (a) Znd-order lowpass modulator; (b) Sth-order lowpass modulator " ~ I ~ I I 1 I 0 J 1 1-'..
Analog Test Signal Generation Using Periodic ΣΔ-Encoded Data Streams by Benoit Dufort