• Beginning in 1st grade students receive a network ID that stays with them through 8th grade
• Students come to the lab at least once a week
• Smart Boards/ Projector/ Closed Circuit TV
• Smart boards engages students in the learning process and enhances motor skills • Teachers prepare grade appropriate content. Students come to the board to answer.
• Popular class for families to volunteer
• Desks are pod style to encourage collaboration
• In 5th grade, students begin the Computer Science Program
– Computer Science Program:
• Ethical Behavior/ Research & Copyright/ Computer History/ Touch Typing/ Cloud Computing/ Online Safety/ Digital Foot Print
• Microsoft Office Suite:
MS Word/ MS Excel/ MS Power Point/ MS Access/ MS Publisher
• Students in Gr. 6th – 8th will receive a SJA email address and Google Drive space
– Composition Program for 7th Grade Students:
• Student learn to effective write 5 paragraph in a timed writing situation scoring a 4 or higher according to algorithms created by Criterion and MyHRW
• Narrative/ Expository/ Persuasive/ Descriptive
COMPUTERS IN THE CLASSROOM
• 21st Century Classroom Technology
• Classrooms are designed to engage students in their learning process
• PK3 – 8th classrooms have: Smart Boards/ Three – Five Computers/ iPads/
• Smart Tables/ Responders/ Projector/ Closed Circuit TV
• Responders offer teachers immediate feedback to questions asked.
• Art Studio, 12 computers
• Science lab, 20 computer
• Media Center, 6 computers
• Computer lab, 36 computers
THE SJA iPAD PROGRAM
• Middle School Grades 6th-8th are in the SJA 1:1 iPad program
• SJA buys the iPad and does not pass the cost of the device onto the family
• SJA provides basic insurance through Apple Care. Families have the option to purchase upgraded insurance
• SJA elementary students have access to 100 iPads that can be checked out weekly by the teacher.
– The iPad’s contain textbooks and grade level apps:
• Notability/Brain Pop/Mathletics/World Book Encyclopedia/Webster’s Dictionary/
• Letter Tracing/Typing/Science/Social Studies/Art/Music/Religion & Cloud Computing apps
SMART TABLE: PK-4 – 5th GRADE
• What is an ActivTable?
The ActivTable empowers and motivates students to lead their own learning, driving engagement, consensus decision making and classroom collaboration. This multi-user interactive table allows up to six learners to simultaneously use individual tools, web browsers and resources as their personal efforts move the group toward accomplishing a common goal.
• Learning to Collaborate
Collaboration skills are increasingly recognized as critical for success in later study, adult life and in work. The multi-user architecture of the ActivTable offers teachers and students new types of collaboration not possible elsewhere. Learners can not only work collaboratively on a single activity, such as sorting shapes or building sentences, but can also engage in project-based learning tasks wherein each student accesses interactive tools to accomplish an individual task in order to ultimately achieve a common group objective.
• Collaborating to Learn
Effective collaboration technology brings the skills of participants together to solve any given problem, regardless of where they are on their learning journey. Each student brings to the table unique strengths, knowledge and perspective. This collaborative environment facilitates the cooperation and sharing of knowledge that leads the group to a deeper and broader understanding than they might attain on their own.
WIRELESS CAMPUS/ CONTENT FILTER/ SECURITY
• Entire campus is wireless. Cisco secure WAP’s throughout the campus
• The Content filter protects students from visiting inappropriate sites
• 48 Security Camera