About Our School
St. Joan of Arc School, as part of the parish faith community, commits to building the Catholic identity of its students, to challenging them academically, and to preparing them for lives of service to others.
• Our educational program is faithful to the teachings of Catholicism, and our Catholicism is incorporated throughout all academic areas and in our daily school life.
• All teachers and staff are responsible for promoting learning, respect, and success in a Christ – centered environment.
• Children are gifts from God, and we value them as individuals with unique spiritual, physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs and talents.
• Students learn in different ways and are to be provided with multiple instructional strategies to meet their individual learning styles.
• Student mastery of instructional content is weighed using a variety of assessment alternatives including teacher-made and standardized tests, student portfolios, creative projects, demonstration of critical thinking skills, composition assignments, and/or student application of technology.
• Programs are provided for students to achieve their highest potential in all areas of child development; through sports, fine arts, academic and recreational clubs, service opportunities, etc., the needs of the entire child are addressed.
• A safe, secure, and well-ordered environment promotes learning and confidence and is everyone’s responsibility.